purpose...

George Bernard Shaw-

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.


Comments

kj said…
Staceygirl, I miss you when you're not around, and this post is why. I hope you are well while you are growing like a proverbial weed.

And, tonight, thank you for a very special reminder

xoxo
kj
Brian Miller said…
nice...burn that candle bright indeed stacey
Unknown said…
I so agree with George. We're all here for a purpose and it's not just to make more money than our neighbor, but to share it.
Shaista said…
Oh yes! Exactly right - and just what I needed to hear tonight... and remember too, every night for all my life :)
Anonymous said…
I give birth to read a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I extremely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement page list and last will and testament be checking back soon. Cheer contain in view my orientation as ok and fail me know what you think. Thanks.
simple simon said…
"R I G H T"

Popular Posts