poetry in motion...

The "American Sentence," one sentence of seventeen syllables, was created by Allen Ginsberg. He was inspired by the traditional Japanese haiku -three lines of five, seven and five syllables.

As a writer, I use the structure to play with words and find my muse. However, if you aren't a writer, it is a fun way to shake up your day and bring a little magic into the moment.

Here are a few I wrote while driving in my car, sitting at my desk, etc.

Morning mist obscures the light shining through my curtains, another day

Quiet moon fills, closing the gap of time, blasting tender dreams of yesterday.

Tattoo sleeves chain smoke while fingers text furiously, what causes the fever of time?

Child stranded under horse, piss, dust, blood, smell of fear and where was I?

My eyes open to find you studying my face lost in it's own ecstacy.

Beside me always without question, me a caged bird silently chirping.

Please give it a go and share. I'd love to hear your poetry. We are all poets.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
nice...these are really cool...kinda like a modern haiku...the horse one made me chuckle...
Brian,

Thanks for commenting.

Cole, my son, was stepped on by a horse this summer. That's where that "american sentence" came from.

A horrible experience. I felt completely helpless as a parent.

much love
kj said…
so if i don't need to know, i wonder what should i do with the questions?

hahahaha staceygirl, nice to see you back. ♥
Dulçe ♥ said…
increddible what a writer's mind does related to every single thing happening inside and outside us
si'''''mon said…
ya post on this day Stacey, you know what's so special about,, Book of Daniel 2300 (1/2 chromosomes x's toes x's fingers) or is it 23 months before actually 100 weeks before) just glad others notice....
simple simon said…
SOrry to hear about your boy

Popular Posts