the Call...

When people ask me why I moved to Austin, I often wrestle with what to say.  I ask myself, should I tell the truth?  Can they handle it?
Because, to be honest, the truth sounds a little crazy.  
Sometimes I’ll say, for a better quality of life or I didn’t want to raise my son in Los Angeles.  Other times, I’ll actually just blurt out the truth, my psychic told me to, well, actually the Thems told my psychic to mention it and when They speak, I listen.   
It was The Call.  I’d been waiting for it, biding my time, doing what I thought I was meant to be doing, living in LA, writing, working at Lionsgate. It had started to feel I was living a quarter of the life I was meant to but until I got a sign, I was staying put. 
When I first heard Austin on that February day, I wasn’t sure what to think.  Finally, I was hearing, move, a word I’d been wanting to hear for years and there I was feeling so lazy that the thought of moving made me want to crawl into bed and not peek out. 
But, if I didn’t do this than I’d be left with nothing.  My faith is the most important thing to me and not following the signs meant to me I didn’t trust God, the Universe, or the Thems. 
I had to move.
Moving was surrendering.
It was time.
But there were and still are times that I ask myself, am I crazy?

Comments

Brian Miller said…
i hear you and understand that call...been there...and definitely questioned my sanity through the process as well...smiles.

Popular Posts