enjoy the day...


Excitement is no better than fear. I know this sounds crazy. Most of us seek out the high points of life, looking to be charged with some sort of enthusiasm that comes from an outside source. An outside source – this is where the problem lies.

I’ve recently found myself excited about someone I’ve met, too excited; the sort of excitement that is not based on anything more than prospect. It’s never good to be excited about fantasy. And yet, last week as I sat down for my morning meditation, I was ungrounded with my mind soaring with flights of fancy. I was no master of my emotions. It was like wrangling cats.

As each new fantasy came into my head, I would go back to my breath and calm my teeming mind only for a new wave of thoughts to pummel my not so still pool. My meditation was more work than I’ve become a custom to. It was as if I was back to square one, never having a moment’s peace. I was no long receptive but trying to control what can not be controlled; what didn’t even exist.

I saw this as a gift from Spirit. As I studied excitement I noticed its frequency is similar to fear. My excitement brings with it a need to control, to create, to make happen just as fear does. They are two sides of the same coin. It’s hard when we want something not to try to force it and make it happen even though we might not have all the facts. It’s hard not to get caught up in the idea, if I’m excited about it, it must be something good, something I want, something I need.

It might very well be something you need. Spirit knows what is best for us so if we find ourselves forcing something rest assured we are going against what is best. We are working from ego and when we create from ego, it comes with a lesson. A lesson that is obviously need. Just look at my relationship with MM, I forced to make it happen and I did and I got a huge lesson. It’s best to sit back, hand your life over to the Divine and ride the wave.

If it is meant to be, it will be…my job is just to enjoy the day and ask for what I want.

Comments

Popular Posts