hostage...


Last night I had a crazy dream. I won’t go into the details because lets face it, dream details can be a bit boring. Basically, I was held hostage at gunpoint. Then I escaped, ran into a couple of people I knew (one was an old friend who often betrayed people) so of course I told her what was going on. Then, obviously she told the other woman and they mocked me. I’m not sure if this fear was founded. I was suppose to be taking care of children, mine and a friends...not sure how I got all wrapped up in this game of cat and mouse.

Eventually I found myself safe again and told the “old friend” with the big mouth off in a grand way. It felt real like something I’d been harboring subconsciously for years. Soon after putting this woman in her place, I ran into a psychic. The psychic took one look at me and said, “Oh girl, what information do you need to know? You’ve been put through it. There’s nothin’ I can tell YOU.”

Tears welled up, “I just need help processing it.”

Then I woke up. The dream held a great Universal truth. We, as humans often need help processing our stuff and there is nothing to be ashamed of. We go through so much here. It is why we have friends and for those of us who have a lot to process, therapists, life coaches, psychics, etc. Everyone needs to be heard and surrounded in love.

I wonder how often we hold ourselves hostage?


Comments

Brian Miller said…
true that...we can be our own worst enemy...
Tess Kincaid said…
I think dreams are a wonderful way to pick our own brains and get to the bottom of "stuff". It's very liberating.
kj said…
Stacey, you have the best way of making a point, and then you tie it all together.

I think Being heard is better than agreement

xoxo
kj
“I just need help processing it.”

That just about sums up my life.

Big hugs and love,
T
Keep processing. Keep sharing.
Everyone benefits. :)
brandi said…
~the beauty of friends...people surrounded us...we all process life throughout the day...well most i assume...healthy and leads up on a path discovering what lies within that needs to be released...always share your thoughts and words...they not only help you but others too...well wishes and brightest blessings~
Zen Mama said…
From one spiritual traveler to another - love your blog. Just found it and can't wait to dig through all your fantastic posts! I couldn't survive w/o my network of friends. We are all on this journey together.
steven said…
stacey - that's a burning question for me. i always assume that dream characters are all facets of what i am. i think that most people, looking carefully at their own lives will see areas that have been slowed up or shut off - "held hostage" - for the sake of what? marriage, career, self and external perception. of course there are more areas than those but i'd bet that those are big for many people. have a peaceful day and thanks for this thought-inspiring reflective post. steven
Anonymous said…
We hold ourselves hostage for the better part of our lives I think, it's one issue or another, and there is no end to the possible issues.

Secretia

Popular Posts