PUNKEY...

Have you been wondering where I've been?  I have too! No, not really but things got a little crazy a week ago last Friday when I went with a friend to an animal shelter to help her decided whether or not to adopt a dog she'd been looking at for over a week.  I thought if I went with her, she would finally make a decision but it turned out I'd be the one needing to make a decision. I fell in love with a little long haired dachshund, three years old, named Punkey. 

We got back to the office and I couldn't stop thinking about this little dog.  I looked at her picture on the internet over and over.  I called the manager of my building and asked if I could get a dog.  He told me to write a letter to the landlord and explain that I wanted a dog.  He'd pick it up on Monday. I hadn't told him that I had found the perfect dog.

That night I dreamt I was pregnant.

On Saturday, unable to fall out of love with the little one, I took Goom to meet her and we all fell in love. I adopted her then and there without even knowing if I could have her.  (This is so unlike me.)  I was a ball of stress.  Luckily (unluckily) she needed to be spade so I wouldn't be able to pick her up until Monday.  After adopting her, I called the manager again and said I had found the perfect dog and I fear she will be adopted so could he push the paperwork through?  I know, I lied and I never lie but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I was out of my head -frantic.

Sunday I couldn't take it anymore and called the manager again, confessing that I had adopted the dog and if I had to move, I would move.

Monday, Cole and I go to pick up Punkey at the veterinary.  I was juggling, coned dog, boy, car alarm going off so once I got boy and dog in the car safely, I drove off leaving my purse on the sidewalk.  It only took a few block before I discovered it was missing, and at the same time the vet called to tell me someone had brought it in.  Yes, I had my cell phone in the car, not in my purse -rare.  I always count my blessings.

With purse, boy and dog we made our way home to introduce the newest member of our family to our cats, Chopper and Izzy.  Izzy hissed when she got hit in the face with tail, taking it personally.  It will take awhile to learn their new spacial awareness.

I went to bed that night, completely stressed out. I hadn't been that stressed out since I brought Cole home from the hospital.  In the middle of night during a little anxiety attack, I thought, yes I was pregnant and I had a dog.

I'll post pictures soon.

Comments

xxx said…
You are truely beautiful Stacey... I too lived in an apartment when I first got my dog and that's 15 years ago now and we've lived happily ever after. We no longer live in that same apartment of course, but all is well.

I bet your little man is over the moon with the new family member and the cats will adapt as they do 'cause they're smart ;)

love to you
Robyn x
Brian Miller said…
whew...hope you find your center...and enough with the crazy dreams...i had a vivid one this week as well...
That's a great tale.

Or maybe, tail.

Oh you know what I mean :)

Great news!!
Oh my, what an adventure you'll have together. Your boy is going to love having such a companion.
So did the landlord approve Punkey? I hope so!
kj said…
some things just have to be. it seems this is one of them. plus you're in love already so the path has been cleared for you!!

how old is punkey, did i miss that?

i can't wait to see him!

love
kj
Oh, I can't wait to see the photos!! I love doggies. :) So, are you really pregnant?? :D Hee

I'm so glad it all worked out for you. Hugs!
Dulçe ♥ said…
No wonder you've been away from us... Yes- a puppy deserves even a move!

BEautiful!

Dulce
Just catching up on your blog. Hope you're enjoying getting to know your new canine friend.:) Bright wishes. xx

Popular Posts