truth...

"Truth is no theory, no speculative system of philosophy, no intellectual insight.  Truth is exact correspondence with reality.  For man, truth is unshakable knowldege of his real nature, his Self as soul.  Jesus, by every act and word of his life, proved that he knew the truth of his being -his source in God.  Wholly identified with the omnipresent Christ Consciousness, he could say with simple finality: 'Everyone that is of the truth heareth my voice.'

Buddha, too, refused to shed light on the metaphysical ultimate, dryly pointing out that man's few moments on earth are best employed in perfecting the moral nature. The Chinese mystic Lao-tzu rightly taught: 'He who knows, tells it not; he who tells, knows it not.' The final mysteries of God are not 'open to discussion.'  The decipherment of His secret code is an art that man cannot communicate to man; here the Lord alone is the Teacher.  -Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda


Comments

Anonymous said…
I always love your post...they give me so much to ponder.

love and hugs friend;)
Brian Miller said…
much to think, much to think...
xxx said…
The truth is that I don't know what the truth is ;)

x Robyn
Bev said…
The truth is fluid, warping and waning, ebbing and flowing, always true, but a chamleon just the same.
Dulçe ♥ said…
Lately you are giving us great food for thought, Stacey
Thanks for this lovely and deeeep post

Hugs :)
Ekanthapadhikan said…
"Autobiography of a Yogi" - I did go half way through that book once. A good read and a lot to think about in that book. And I liked what's said about truth. But my whole confusion is over what is reality. I know, for sure, that if I can understand reality, I'd know what truth really means!

Let me think... Hm...
Natalie said…
Food for thought. Thanks Stacey.
kj said…
stacey girl, this reminds me of the writing rule it's taken me a long time to understand:

"show don't tell"

i haven't forgotten i owe you an email. coming...♥
Good one. Lots to ponder here.
GYPSYWOMAN said…
oh, i've so missed your place of light and enlightenment here, stacey! wonderful to be back and looking forward to more soon! hope this finds you and yours walking in sunshine!

Popular Posts