today...

I've been a hermit lately -at least in the bloggy world.   Sometimes one has to live life silently, not out loud. I've been silent.  Is it a phase?  Perhaps.   I believe in taking one day at a time -come what may.

Today, I wanted to share a picture of Punkey.



I've also been going through my journals looking for quotes I've written down throughout the years that touched my heart and made my soul leap. Why?  For my book proposal.  I love books that use quotes to capture their essence.

What touched me then, touches me now and I am reminded of who I am.  I've been a seeker all my life.  The wisdom from then stands the test of time and I am still learning the same lessons -still.  It shows me the intricacy of karma.  What a warrior of God/Spirit one must become to banish the tethers of Karma. Karma is not about thought. Karma is about soul.  Until you feel the shift in your soul, the Karma repeats.

While on my search, I found this quote and was inspired to share it with you as well. Funny, I just  reread it having forgotten what it was about...it made me chuckle.

I jotted this down in 1998 and unfortunately didn't write down the book it is from but the page it can be found on is 76.

"There is only one way to shift your consciousness from painful conditional attachments to peaceful unconditional love. You must create new expectations based on honor, respect, and support.  Honor what you feel by believing you can have what you want.  Respect where you are in your life, understanding when you are ready to move forward you will.  Support yourself by refusing to accept less than you want.  This is your foundation -what you do now and how you treat yourself. "


Comments

Anonymous said…
You must create new expectations based on honor, respect, and support.

I dont know if you knew it or not, but this was just for me today...thank you friend, just the kick I needed.

hugs
What a fabulous expression of insight: "Karma is not about thought. Karma is about soul. Until you feel the shift in your soul, the Karma repeats." Oh, that is just right on!!
Love the Punkey!
Wonderful quote too.

Writers must know how to savor silence so our voice can create.
Brian Miller said…
nice. great quote...and so true. nice looking pup as well. hope you are doing well...
f8hasit said…
Thanks for sharing the quote AND the adorable picture! It seems that I've read that myself before and am now scratching my head as to which book it is in mine own library that holds it! I'll be searching for days....
:-)
Gaia said…
I love this post and I too am seeking. So that quote I am keeping in my blackberry as well... so that I can remember and live by it each day. hugs.
xxx said…
Punkey is cool and so are you.

I miss you and I hope you won't be away too long beautiful wise one.

love to you
Robyn ;)
JenJen said…
Stacey....
Sigh.

Always the right message during an un-right time, making it rightside up again.
LarryG said…
love and release dear one
GYPSYWOMAN said…
hello dear friend! it's been way to long and you must forgive my not having been over to your place - but i know you understand the distractions of the days/our lives and how that impacts on visiting all our dear friends here - wanted you to know you were on my mind and hope to hear from you when you are so inclined and have the time/energy - neat sweet post, by the way! am so happy i dropped by! much love - jenean

Popular Posts