"addicted to your point of view"...


Strangest thing happened this morning; I didn’t meditate. For months now my morning ritual has been to get up and immediately meditate but this morning I got up and immediately did the dishes, blinding myself with the kitchen light and wondering why it seemed so bright this morning. It wasn’t until I had my tea in my hand and walked out to the living to write that I realized, I didn’t meditate.

I will meditate throughout the day.

On Monday night I went to “Monday Night Conversations” with Breck. It was the first time I’d seen him since the Absolute Freedom Course, which now seems like a year ago. Speaking of time, last night someone asked me how long I’ve been working with Mia and I said, “four years” but it seems much longer than that. I can barely remember the person I was when I walked in her door that first day.

I gave Breck and Mandy, his assistant, a kiss and hug and sat down in my usual spot, to the right of Breck. I like to be in the front row so I can see everything that’s going on. I felt a lot of pain and confusion in the room. I’m not sure if it was personal pain or if we are all beginning to get confused by what is our pain and what is being fed to us through the media. There was one woman there that I remembered from the first time I had gone with Mia. At that gathering she was floating on air with a man on her arm. Now she was distraught, worn out and “didn’t have a reason to get out of bed in the morning.”

The topic for the evening was “addiction to our point of view”.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts