disneyland...

A month ago I put on my calendar “Disneyland?” for last Sunday. Last week, with the day quickly approaching I wasn’t quite sure if it was going to happen. I’d been saving money and wasn’t sure I wanted to spend the cash but it was “twofer” time, which means you get into both parks for the price of one. Then last Wednesday night at “Family Night Out” for Riley’s school I entered a raffle for two tickets to Disneyland. I won the tickets and it sealed the deal. It was obvious we were meant to go.

Riley was thrilled and so was I. Before I even mentioned going on Sunday, Riley told everyone that’s when we were going, another sign that it was meant to be. With so many signs pointing towards Disneyland on Sunday I had a feeling we were going for a reason and I wondered what it could be; a chance encounter? Was I meant to meet someone? Run into an old friend? Get information? Who knew but it made the day that much more interesting.

The day went by effortlessly. Riley and I were able to get into both parks with the tickets we’d won so we started out at California Adventure. We did a few rides there and then went to Disneyland for lunch and to go on a few of his favorite rides then it was back to California Adventure for Mulholland Madness, a rollercoaster Riley loves. The whole time I kept a look out for signs or an event, why was I meant to be there?

Before we knew it, the day was over and as we strolled out of the park sharing a corn dog in the dark, I realized nothing of great importance had happened or had it? The Universe is a great mystery. I might have saved somebody’s life by my presence without my knowing it or perhaps Riley did. Perhaps we slowed a person’s drive down just enough that an accident didn’t happen? Miracles are happening all the time and we are all a part of it, each of us needed for the whole.

My ego might not have witnessed a miracle but it doesn’t mean they weren’t happening. Perhaps the day was just for spending time with my son, loving him, spoiling him, laughing with him and hugging him or maybe, just maybe we saved the world. Who knows?

The one thing I do know is looking into his eyes is miracle enough for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is beautiful...simply beautiful

Popular Posts