sometimes the smell lingers...

I’ve recently had a break through. I am less triggered by Philip. Unfortunately, now that my blog has been discovered I no longer feel at ease writing about such moments but never the less, we had a conversation last night that would normally have me in a rage but didn’t. The lack of understanding between us had less of an effect on me. However, I am glad I deleted my blog. The one blog Philip did read is now used as a weapon in conversation. Well, kind of a weapon. He didn’t really get what I was saying so it comes out more like garble than a weapon. The one he admits to reading is from February. I had written, “Having a heart to heart with Philip is like having one with a Russian, we don’t speak the same language.” He references this but thinks I called him a Russian bear or warrior or something. It makes me laugh. The sentiment of the blog stands true.

Our worlds our different, I get that. I see the sky one shade of blue and he sees it another. I no longer need him to see it the same color and to try is futile. This is where the most growth has come. I’ve given up any idea that I can change or control this. I fully realize now that Riley must have his own experience of his father and as long as he is safe, that’s all that matters. I don’t speak to Riley about his father in a negative way and never have. This serves no purpose.

I realized last night Philip will always look to blame me for what is not working in his life. He sees himself as a victim and is constantly blaming others for what doesn’t work. I have tried to defend myself for years but now I don’t. I don’t engage. Engaging doesn’t change anything. He will always see himself a victim, the story works for him but it’s his story not mine. I’m thankful to Breck for this. If it wasn’t for Breck, I wouldn’t have realized when I was going into image and defending from a place of deep childhood wounds. I was able to let Philip’s fear and anger wash over me. Although, I did end the conversation after it had gone around once. I only have so much patience and one of my personal rules is not to spend more than five minutes with negative people and we’d been talking over ten minutes.

I am a co-creator of my life and live to serve a higher purpose. I’ve created everything that exists in it and it all serves my higher purpose. What I created from a less conscious place in my past continues to teach me lessons and for that I am thankful. Although there are days where it smells like stale dog shit on my shoe that I swear I’ve scrubbed off but the smell just won’t go away.

I definitely watch where I step now; I’ve stepped in enough shit in my life.

Comments

Mark said…
Stacy--I like reading your blog for YOUR insights and growth, not for any inside info on the people around you.

I don't know if you're doing this or not, but simply changing the name in your blog of your child's father and your child might provide a measure of privacy that will make you feel more comfortable being totally open.

So changing Phillip to "Bob" means that he is safe from anyone recognizing who he is. The people who know him as the father of your child in person, well, you're free to speak your mind with them, right?

Changing your child's name is a good thing for privacy reasons too.

This your journal. You shouldn't feel inhibited in expressing yourself because of how others might perceive how they are portrayed.

Great writers...I'm thinking Chekhov right now...always faced a certain amount of flak from their friends who were always trying to figure out who he was referring to in his short stories and plays, since he clearly was drawing from real-world experiences.

It comes with being a writer. The characters in your life don't really get any say in how they are portrayed in your script. It's YOUR world, after all.

My .02 worth. Keep writing. Your words are powerful.

Popular Posts