the last high...

“Love” is heroin found in a man, and I fall effortlessly into a stupor once the drug hits my veins. I think of nothing else except my next fix. This is not love. This is addiction.

My latest experience, unraveled me. Unlike the past when I vanished into a haze, I stayed awake, clawing my way to sobriety knowing there is a better way that this isn’t how love is suppose to feel.

As the junkie looks for God in the needle, I look for God in a man.

No more! I will be taking conscious steps towards love. No longer a junkie.

I know where to find God, inside me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
May you never more be tempted.
True love delivers a higher high and is nurtured by self love.
Thank you! Your blessing is appreciated. I look forward to the experience of true love, not the illusion sold in fairy tales.
GYPSYWOMAN said…
beautifully poignant post, stacey - hauntingly beautiful - jenean
Thank you, Jenean -thank you...
I've tasted that drug myself. It took everything I had, everything in me, all my self-love to walk away and do the right thing. An act of sanity. But, Rasputin that he was, he still lingers somewhere in my memory.

PS Thank you for your message.
Yes, it's a tricky drug, so easy to convince yourself, it's ok because it's "love"...the mind does somersaults along with the heart. Glad to see you here, on my blog.

much love...

Popular Posts