synchronicity...

This morning I was driving to work, listening to NPR when the story about the release of the two American journalists, Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrested back in March in North Korea for spying came on. I had been following this story and was pleased to hear they were back on American soil. Especially since they were found guilty in June and convicted to twelve years of hard labor.

I can’t imagine anything more frightening than being arrested in a hostile foreign country, where justice has no meaning. They played a snippet from Laura’s speech and as I listened tears welled in my eyes and I put my hand over my heart. Her story went something like this; just thirty hours ago she and Euna were told they had to go to a meeting. I felt her fear of her execution. I put my hand over my heart and the tears welled in my eyes. She then went on to say that when the door opened it was President Bill Clinton. I can only imagine she could not believe what she was seeing. I felt the relief of living with so much fear to suddenly be set free.

The clip was over and the announcer came on to describe that while Laura was speaking she was visibly moved and she held her hand over her heart just as I had been doing. There is nothing more divine to me than these simple, yet beautiful synchronicities.

Be well.

Comments

Steve said…
Yes, perfect example of synchronicity. They're great sign posts and mile markers to let us know we're on the right path in life and also to tell us when to make a sharp turn! When moments like these happen in our lives, we suddenly feel like we're not alone, like the Universe actually knows we exist and is working with us and not against us.
It's the underlying reality touching the everyday world. For more synchronicities, please take a look at our synchronicity blog.
www.ofscarabs.blogspot.com

Rob MacGregor

Popular Posts