flashback friday (1998)...

Today I randomly picked three journals and was guided by Spirit to share the following entry. I wrote it on November 6, 1998. I was 28. It was a poignant moment in my life, one that took several years to heal...

So sad. I’m tired of feeling this much sadness. Every year, for the past three years I’ve felt this amount of sadness, which tells me I am not protecting myself.

I need to be more careful. It’s time to concentrate on the things I want to achieve.

I ask myself why Connor came into my life. The question is answered. He is in my film. He is a good friend.

I was so angry when I came home last night. Our good-bye was pathetic. I could have been anyone.

“Richard has my number. Be well,” he said.

I said nothing. I was too out of it. I know he loves me.

Move forward. Be brave. Be single. Stop the cycle. Become whole. Use your story telling. Be alone. Be lonely. Be happy. Be sad. Be angry. Be calm. Be one.

There is so much to learn. There is so much to do. I have fears.

I am going to cleanse myself.

I must stop taking everything so selfishly. I must be all of these things. It is okay. Life is long. There are many possibilities for us. Not everything is about me.

I can't wait to be whole. I will know when the piece falls in place. It will just go plop!

I don’t want to talk about Connor. I knew it was over last night. I could tell. I knew at the party. I wanted to leave with the memory of yesterday morning, not the party. It was probably good that we didn’t. There was too much to hang on to.

I don’t need to hang on to those hugs -to those kisses.

Out of sight, out of mind?

We shall see.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Such exquisite pain....beautifuly written, some of what you said I must adopt for myself, very powerful.......thank you for this honest glimpse into your heart....you are such a sweet spirit

peace
This is beautiful. Your advice to yourself is perfect and strong and wise. I hope that today, you believe you are all that you wished you could become. ;-)
xxx said…
if only out of site out of mind was true...

love to you Stacey
Happy Christmas :)

xx Ribbon
xxx said…
ooops I meant to type 'sight' :)
but they kinda mean the same thing

I thoroughly enjoy all that you share

thanks xx
Those words were written eleven years ago, half of your adult years. You are a brand new person every seven years. Let the past stay there. Enjoy the present.
How interesting to read something written back then. So has it gone "Plop" yet? I sure hope so!
Jenny Stevning said…
Ouch. I remember those days. Thank you for sharing. I like when people share their sadness and dark times. It reminds me that I was never alone to begin with...it reminds me of how far we have all come. Thank you! Love!
Shadow said…
you talked yourself through this nicely...
Dulçe ♥ said…
Oh hope so! My dear! ;)
Zuzana said…
It is always an honour to get an insight into your life.
I never wrote journals. Only once, for one year. I can not even bear reading it myself, therefore it is so impressive that you do not mind revisiting your past and even sharing it with us.
Have a lovely weekend,
xo
Zuzana
steven said…
stacey j - you're right inside the moment here with this unpacking of a transition. painful. painful to read as i can hear the voice and the self-reflection wobbling from strength to strength. thanks for sharing your insight. steven
Susan R. Mills said…
Your pain is quite evident in this entry. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you moved on.
Are you amazed at how far you come? I am curious to read back at my own writings, even 6 months from now, to see where I am at and how far I have come and if my heart has healed by then from all of the past and present rejection. I need to learn to protect my heart more. If you can, I CAN. Hugs!
Your gifts are amazing, Stacey. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. Happy holidays to you, bright one. Wishing you magic-filled days, and love. xx
Brian Miller said…
sometimes i think it is good that we look back on these moments to see how far we have come...
Hilary said…
How painful that time was but how wise your advice to yourself. I hope you "plopped" shortly afterward. :)
Maude Lynn said…
"I could have been anyone."

That captures heartbreak so perfectly.
LarryG said…
memories are the precious harvest of another year, how valuable!

thank you for sharing the vulnerability of life!
Lisa said…
I imagine writing helps, it is like sharing your feelings with the universe. I do wonder how you feel reading again what you wrote then now.
Anonymous said…
To see that journal now must be emotionally tiring, yet compelling to look at.

Secretia
Boozy Tooth said…
Stacey. Girl.... you and Alix need a girl's night out!!! We do NOT need to be looking back to sadness and uncertainty. We need to be looking forward to dreams come true, and new boyfriends, and champagne.

Are you with me?
Tracie said…
So glad you are in a better place now.

Love you!
Anonymous said…
I've felt like that my whole life, wanting to be whole. I'm only just realizing, I always was whole. Thanks for the reminder.

Popular Posts