breathe...

Today has been one of those days where I’ve forgotten to take conscious breaths. It sounds crazy but normally throughout the day I focus on my breath, noticing its nuances. It immediately brings me peace and into the moment. It recharges my batteries and relaxes my entire body.

I became aware of my lack of conscious breathing while waiting for the elevator wondering what to blog about. I immediately took action and took one full deep inhale, letting my entire body relax while exhaling. Then, it came to me, how many other people also need to be reminded to breathe deeply and deliberately? – So here I am.

Here is a moment for you to breathe and look at beautiful autumn pictures.

deep inhale...



and exhale...



another deep inhale, filling your side ribs...



and exhale slowly, releasing all the tension in your shoulders...



Imagine youself walking down this path, the cool air on your face, embraced by the sun, and loved.

(Once a yoga teacher, always a yoga teacher. I didn't call it Stacey's Respite for nothing, wink, wink...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow...it was like I was back at dancing feet yoga class again....thanx for the reminder, I needed that;)
Susan R. Mills said…
Thank you! I needed that. I'm sitting here trying to catch up on emails and blogs and blah, blah, blah, and I came across this. I feel much better now. Relaxed, too!
kj said…
oh, that was good. thank you, stacey. :)

soon my neighborhood will look like that last picture. the leaves are turning color and falling in slow motion.

i don't use breathing enough to slow down and center myself. so thanks for the reminder.

xoxo
anupama said…
Dear Stacey,
NAMASTE!
hey,cool!i simply loved your blog!you reminded me,my chechie[elder sister]nanda,who tells us to practise the breathing exercises!she is a sincere follower of Shri Shri Ravi Shankar!
i never dreamt someone could take me to the beautiful world of nature,doing yoga!
my day is made,dear;thanks a lot!really happy to be here with you.:)i need the basic lessons in yoga!
sasneham,
anu
Roni Loren said…
Ah, relaxation therapy. We can all use a bit of this I'm sure.
Anonymous said…
Thanks! Needed that!
Now back to my rewrites. :)
You are all so wonderful and mean so much to me! I hope you truly found some respite today. I can't imagine a greater a gift than bringing calm to all of your lives!

YOU ARE MUCH LOVED!
ladytruth said…
Nice way to start the day for me on this side of the world; thank you, Yoga Master ;)
S.P. Miskowski said…
Thanks! I needed that.
Unknown said…
It's so true. I too notice when I have not stopped to take a moment to breathe during the day.
Unknown said…
These pictures are lovely! So perfect. And so fall like!
Tess Kincaid said…
Thank you, I'm feeling much better already.

Gorgeous fall pics. I am celebrating the arrival of October today. Yay!!
Anonymous said…
Mmmmm. Thank you for the stress bleed-out. The images are gorgeous.
Trooper Thorn said…
Thanks for the virtual savasana
♥ Braja said…
Which yoga school are you from? I'm an Iyengar girl... student and teacher.
That was just what I needed today. The breaths and the photos. Thanks.
And thanks for leaving a comment on my post on the Southern Writers Blog on Friday!
Augusta
Anonymous said…
What beautiful photos!! The mountain one is incredible. I know what you mean about remembering to breath. Sometimes we get so rushed/stressed that we forget.

Popular Posts