i love...

I love, love. I love relationship. I love passion and I love sex. I write about love, I speak about love and when someone is in the throes of new found love I see millions of butterflies soar from his or her heart.

I love the underbelly of love, the torment, and the sense of death that comes with it. I love the pain that love brings. Love is when we are the most complex, the most real, and the most honest. Reason cannot override, love.

Love is magic and comes in all shapes and sizes.

I have been in Cinderella-love but never long lasting real love. It seems once my glass slipper gets a few scrapes and my Prince would rather wear rags than his Princely uniform, the fantasy does not sustain the reality. I don’t flee. I don’t run away, (although I probably should.) He does. Then he comes back.

In my innocence and purity I believe he is coming back for love. Imagine me as a cartoon singing a little tune (in a very high pitched voice) with little blue birds flying around while I dance and clean my home (because in the cartoon world, cleaning is always fun). The doorbell rings. I open the door to discover my Prince and believing he’s knocking for love I let him in. Then the next morning when he leaves again, I’m shattered and my little blue birds are left to pick up the pieces.

I say, no more to fantasy shrouded in pretense. The fantasy is just a fantasy and when you pop its bubble with the truth, your Prince might very well become a frog or you never know, he might become a man.

Comments

Popular Posts