to-do list...

I’ve noticed that the women who are most successful in relationship and dating treat the idea of a man as an item on their to-do list. Go to the gym - check. Grocery shop – check. Pick-up dry cleaning – check. Go on date with Steve – check. They don’t fret, worry, wonder, or daydream. They go about their lives, happy and content, not waiting by the phone or constantly checking for texts. These women would not stand the abuse Cinderella put up with. They’d kick that ugly step-mother’s butt along with her two miserable daughters and leave, never to look back. They wouldn’t wait around for some “prince” to come.

I’ve decided to be the same way. I’m over worrying and wondering having my life tumble out of control just because I’ve met someone I’m attracted to. If something is meant to be it will be and in the meantime, I’m going to continue to mark things off my to-do list. Be happy –check. Raise healthy well rounded boy – check. Delight in your friends – check. Write a bestseller – check. Write post for blog – check.

Comments

ג. ג. said…
Women are a lot more powerful than men, most of them just don't know it yet. Almost any women can achieve whatever she wants for men.
Love having your insightful comments on here...yes, women hand over their power ALL the time. Its so sad, its because of our mothers...but I won't go into that here...
Nevine Sultan said…
I love the "if something is meant to be it will be" part. I can be such a fatalist myself, sometimes. But how do you just drop the worrying? I think I might be too OC for that!!! But, I salute you for having the guts and the strength...
High Heels said…
Well done! It is a challenging thing to be a woman these days. With the many hats that we wear it is easy to lose one's self. If we could all just believe that our identity is not validated in anyone but ourselves, the world will be a happier place....
It is the toughest part and takes practice, (meditation helps) because it allows you to not attach to thought...I'm going to write a blog about magic because a big part of magic is learning to let go and have faith.

thanks for reading and commenting!
Yes, validation by other's is a huge issue in our society and it starts with us trying to prove something to our parents...yikes...

Thanks Irish Girl for your comment and reading...
Unknown said…
I've found over the years that it was when I stopped trying to make something happen, stopped looking for it, that's when it did. But you can't "stop trying," to make it happen; as you said, it's a matter of faith.

Thanks for dropping by the Glass House blog.

Cheri
yes, exactly..."trying" creates resistance...trying not to try is trying...LOL! it's an ouroboros (a serpent that eats its own tail)...much love
Intuitive Girl said…
Love this post. And i can totally relate to the whole issue of 'trying.'
There is no better compliment than being relatable!
Thanks for reading and commenting...

Popular Posts