therapy...

Tonight I’m going to see Bright Star, a period romance directed by Jane Campion - my idea of a perfect movie. I can’t think of a better way to end my day. A day that started with cleaning, laundry, a minor tiff with the man I’ve been casually seeing (practicing the how-to of the to-do list), negotiating with a six year old to clean his room, then in the afternoon yoga, grocery shopping, an argument with baby’s-daddy about his girlfriend (don’t know how he got me involved in that one), more laundry, more cleaning and a hike. And did I mention a bad case of pms? Oh, that’s how baby’s-daddy got me engaged - pms. Yes, dissolving into a movie with a tub of hot buttery popcorn is just what the doctor ordered.

I have just returned and the movie was everything I had hoped for and more. Let's toast to Keats and his short life by reading one of his poems...

When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,
Before high-piled books, in charact'ry,
Hold like rich garners the full-ripened grain;
When I behold upon the night's starred face
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love! -then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think,
Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink


May a touch of romance beguile all of you today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! I'll have to see this movie, it does sound exactly what the doctor ordered.

The beach pictures are wonder too!
Oh do, it's completely enjoyable. You, my friend, will love it! It will ignite inspiration in you.

much love
Robin Amos Kahn said…
Oh, great, I can't wait to see the movie too. And I am amazed at how much you did yesterday.
GYPSYWOMAN said…
oh, dear, girl, you're living my PAST LIFE! i'll burn extra incense and light more candles, put out another wind chime over here and dance a little circle dance!

loved your post - so glad you found that buttered popcorn!

and thanks for your wish for a beguiling touch of romance which, in fact, did come along!
oh goody! glad to hear a whisp of romance flew your way...

Popular Posts