story told in a picture...

A year ago, Goom’s (aka Riley) life changed. The Souvenir, otherwise known as baby’s daddy’s girlfriend, arrived. I spent most of last year writing in my blog about the raw angry fearful emotion that her arrival brought on. I won’t bore you with all the gory emotional details. (It’s probably a good thing I deleted my blog.) However, I will list the facts of her arrival and allow you to form your own opinion.

• They met at Burning Man.
• She is 25.
• She came back from Burning Man with him (the reason she's called the Souvenir) and MOVED IN with him.
• She didn’t go back to her home in Oregon for a month after moving in with him.
• She smokes.

That's a pretty good list for you to get an idea of what I was dealing with.

Below is a drawing Goom did last week.

A camping trip...








Mommy and Goom go fishing...

















Daddy goes rock climbing...














The Souvenir has to carry the boat...








Hiding my amusement, I asked Goom why she had to carry the boat. He replied, "Because she's not a team player." I chuckled because this is what I'm always accused of by his father.

What really got me was that her name wasn't even on the boat. The symbolism...at the age of six and a half my child already knows how to get to the heart of emotion and twist it.

At least she looks happy carrying the boat.

Comments

Sahildeki Ev said…
I love how kids express themselves. This is really funny.AND I love your blog..
Betty Manousos said…
I'm so sorry!. CORRECTION: Drawing.
Pls delete it!.
So sorry reading first part but glad for the second part of your story. I loved , loved your adorable child' s drawing :)
Have a relaxing Sunday!
Kids are so honest. His drawing gave me a smile for a few days, even still today.

Thanks for your lovely comment, I'm glad you love, it means a lot and I look forward to getting to know you better.

much love
Betty,

Thank you. Yes, Cole draws and draws sometimes his back pack is full of waded paper but even waded they are all important.

I hope I posted the comment you meant me to.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Anonymous said…
At least she looks happy carring the boat..lol I snorted just a bit at that;)

Sounds like you have a bit better grip on things than you maybe give yourself credit for...

Hang on, chin up..peace
Now you've got me snorting...LOL! Yes, now after a year, I can find humor in it, no more fear and I didn't become bitter (always a goal).

Peace!
Mike Clelland! said…
You son illustrates rock climbing instructions, just like me!

Popular Posts