the force...

Last Saturday, the Captain, Goom and I were heading out of town to go to a rock and mineral show when a strange little incident happened. We had stopped at a gas station, the Captain and I were chatting when he suddenly dodged away towards the back of his truck.

I was in a bit of a mood and ready to assume the worse about the Captain when I looked out my window and saw that a large young man had fallen down and the Captain was helping him up. (Spirit is always testing me, especially when it comes to the Captain. Let’s just say I have some deeply rooted trust issues.)

I watched as the Captain struggled to help this guy who seemed drugged and perhaps autistic to his feet. This poor guy’s pants had fallen down and thankfully my silent prayer of pull your pants up was answered, unfortunately by the Captain. I opened my door in case I could help.

“Wow, you took quite a fall. It looked like it really hurt,” the Captain said.

The Captain knows a bit about falling. He seems to fall a lot and at 6’4” that is a big deal. This guy was almost as tall but with much more girth. The guy fumbled with a bag of his belongings and limped on his left knee.

“Are you sure you’re ok,” asked the Captain.

“Yeah, I got hit by a car when I was younger,” said the guy as he stumbled away towards the side of the building.

The Captain unable to do much more went into the station. Goom and I were left to watch this guy from our windows. He stood with his mouth agape, eyes drowsy, brown cigarette with a white tip filter in one hand and his bag in the other. He’d lean over towards the ground and then he’d come back up -all in slow motion. Of course Goom became quite fascinated

“What is that guy doing” asked Goom.

“I’m not sure,” I said.

“Is something wrong with him?”

“I’m not sure, honey. He might be a little slow mentally and he might be on drugs.”

“What are drugs?”

“Drugs are something people take to make themselves feel better.”

Then it was silent. I could feel Goom staring at him.

“I’m going to surround him in God,” said Goom.

“That is the perfect thing to do. I will help you,” I said.

“No, I want to do it by myself. I can do it. I’m using the force.”

This past year, I started calling the healing energy of the universe as the “force” so Goom could relate to it. I often use the “force” on him and in turn he’s learned to use it.

“I’m surrounding him in love,” he said.

“I can feel you. You are very powerful.”

As Goom held this guy in love, another man approached the guy and gave him money. I was overcome with love. There are angels all around when we open the possibilities through love for all human kind.

The Captain returned and Goom and I were once again distracted. When we were pulling away, I glanced back and found the guy on the ground leaning against the wall.

We all had a wonderful day together. On the drive back from the show, the Captain and I would find ourselves thinking about this guy.

“You know you pulled his pants up, right?” I asked the Captain.

“I did not”

“Yes, you did.”

We laughed. I found it endearing that he didn’t remember doing it, that it was instinctual. What a good man and what an amazing boy!

Comments

These random acts of kindness have saved the world from itself.
Brian Miller said…
smiles.

wonderful story.
xxx said…
Love is everywhere!

sometimes we're blind to it and other times we're blinded by it, but either way it's there... it's us.

the more i love me the easier it is to love you you and you ;)
i know you know....

i love it that you are teaching your son wise ways to heal himself.

you two look very much alike... cute!

take care and thanks Stacey for all that you share.

love visiting with you x
You described this scene so well, Stacey, that I almost feel like I witnessed it. I love the "force" and the idea of "surrounding him in love". I feel so wonderful and blessed when my kids surprise me with spiritual sensitivity like that. Thanks for sharing this story. :-)
Tess Kincaid said…
What a wonderful thing that Goom surrounded him with love.
How fortunate that you all had the highest of intentions. So beautiful! I'm thankful that the guy who needed help showed you all how instinctively loving you all are, what a gift.
Anonymous said…
Oh my friend, what a wonderful story and how proud you must be to see you little one growing into a wonderful man with a kind heart...job well done my friend;)
Nevine Sultan said…
Stacey, you are a good mom, and you're training your Goom to be a good boy, and a future good man. Not many moms do that. But he lives with a "healing" and "loving" kind of lady, so he can't help it if he picks up all those loving vibes and passes them on.

You are surrounded by love and light, in your Goom and your Captain. Enjoy the light, and thanks for passing some on!

Nevine
I love that within this awesome post you keep it human (with your reference to your trust issues) and then show you have passed many tests with flying colors.
MaryRC said…
what a great moment, and what a wonderful mother you are to have such a blessing for a child, you've done well lady.
Lisa said…
What a good man, what an amazing boy.
Susan R. Mills said…
I have a feeling that amazing boy will grow up to be a good man. What a great story.
What a gift you have given your son!

The Husband is 6'4", I think that must be the perfect height to hold the soul of a good man ;-)
And what a beautiful photo!
Anonymous said…
To see this spirit growing in your child must be a beautiful thing. :)
steven said…
stacey j thanks for sharing this powerful story. each person in the story had an important part including the poor fellow who fell. he gave everyone a chance to experience real love. steven
Boozy Tooth said…
Oddly, Stacey... the pulling up of pants was probably the greatest kindness of all. Good for the Captain and good for you and Goom using The Force so responsibly.

I love you guys.
Unknown said…
I don't fall down a lot!! Only twice last month..... :-)
Robin said…
Wow I love that you call it the force..that is a great way to help a child comprehend...your captain sounds like the "force is with him too"...great story..have great day..!
Renee said…
What a beautiful boy you have Stacey and how proud you must be.

xxox
Bev said…
We never know what the day will bring - thanks for sharing the story Stacey.
Betty Manousos said…
You 're such a wise woman Stacey, and Goom is just adorable!
xx
Angie Muresan said…
This is beautiful! I love reading that kindness and goodness are still in abundance in the world.
Anonymous said…
That was a life experience for your son and for both of you too.
studio lolo said…
No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted.

I wish I remembered who said that. Tha Dalai Lama I believe.

I ambled over here via KJ's blog~
glad I did.
I love your writing and your gentle spirit infused with a sense of humor ;)

Popular Posts