a little reading...

Miracles do happen - I read an entire book on our trip. It’s been years since I’ve been able to pick a book up and read it from cover to cover. So while The Captain drove through a blizzard and Goom watched a movie, I hunkered down with a flashlight and read Kimberlee Auerbach’s the devil, the lovers, and me, My Life in Tarot.

She writes chic-lit memoir –my genre. Her story takes place during a tarot reading. As each card is revealed she takes us back to past lovers and stories about her family, which is right up my alley. So much so that her prologue reads like my essay on visiting Mia, my psychic, for the first time. I kept thinking, why didn’t I think of this set up? But then again, it is a memoir and I didn’t have this experience. At first her descriptions felt a bit pushed but soon she found her voice and I couldn’t stop reading. Thank God because I’m taking a class from her through UCLA that starts next week.

I’m not sure how I’m going to manage it all, full-time job, full-time single mom (have I mentioned BD has decided to stay in New Orleans?), dating The Captain, blog writing, blog reading, errands, chores, class etc but somehow I’ll make it happen. Finishing my book is a priority this year. It is something I’ve been wanting to do but again I can only do so much and if I’m not enjoying any of it I’m doing too much.

So bare with me in the coming months as I juggle a million things. Know that you are always in my thoughts and close to my heart. I will write and read at every opportunity.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stacey, you are an amazing woman, if anyone can do it all you can...blog when you can I and all the rest of us will be here whenever you post....much love peace and happiness to you my friend;)
Lisa said…
One step, one thing, one day, at a time.
steven said…
stacey j. you do what you need to do, want to do and everything else'll find it's own way out!!!! that's a big list you've got there!!!! have a peaceful evening. steven
Hang in there, Stacey. It sounds like you have a lot of things to juggle right now, and we aren't going anywhere. We'll be right here, hanging around and watching for new posts! :-)
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you will be busy. i think it should be compulsory to give us bloggers an extra few hours in the day!
Brian Miller said…
nice. chase your passions, we will still be here...smiles.
Stacey, I am also learning how to juggle life's "have to do-chores" against "need to have fun-joys". I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Some days just aren't long enough.

Big hugs and love,
T
Nevine Sultan said…
Most importantly, try to enjoy everything that you do. That's where the fun is found! And take deep breaths and STOP! every once in a while...

Take care, Stacey.
Nevine
Fragrant Liar said…
Having raised four kids (almost entirely on my own) and worked full time and written a novel or two and some other things, plus . . . the list goes on . . . I know you can do it if you really want to. But you're right, you need to enjoy it along the way or at least feel that what you're doing is its own reward for the future. Best of luck juggling it all.
Gaia said…
Don't I know it, now with the new year, struggling to get new business, getting boy settled in and tracking his studies as this is an important year. Housework, blog, studies etc etc endless. I want to be everywhere too, and hope to see u soon. Hugs.
I always tell myself, it will all get done, click by click.
Tracie said…
Do what you can, when you can. We'll still be here when things settle down. Goodness knows nothing earth-shattering is happening in my life.
Anonymous said…
You didn't mention that you are also my "Backup GPS"...... Lol Lv The Captain......

Popular Posts