revelation...

Shhhhhhhhsh…She is listening to he inner voice, the authentic one. The one that is hard to hear over the noise of the Shoulds. It is deep within and she has only recently heard it.

It is counter to her thoughts but puts her at ease while her mind teems.

Before this, she only heard yours, yours, and yours.

Now she hears hers…and she listens.

Will you still love her? Or would you rather love someone other than her now that she knows who she is?

Her truth does not subscribe to fantasy or the ideal imaginaries.

Does yours? If you spoke your truth what would it be? Does it scare you? Can you hear it or is it shrouded in the Shoulds?

She says yes to please you, you, and you to keep you from suffering. She will bear your pain, keep you safe from it. She'll keep silent.

She fears if she speaks her truth she will be alone but if she doesn't she is a tyrant and then alone or a fabrication of herself.

She will always pick true freedom over anything but true love.

What do you choose?

Comments

GYPSYWOMAN said…
oh, fantabulous, stacey!!! pointed and poignant at the same time! very well said, lady!!!
MG Higgins said…
This is beautiful and really speaks to me. Being my authentic self can be so difficult when I think it means rejection.
steven said…
beautifully written stacey j. i've passed through people like this moment . . . . the stark rich beauty of truth. steven
Brian Miller said…
wonderful. keep listening...let it lead...and never settle for a substitute for truth.
Nevine Sultan said…
And I will always pick true freedom over anything but true love... Yes! I'm with you...

Nevine
I love this. Being our authentic selves is sooo hard, but I would still choose to be just that. :)
Shadow said…
those who are who they want to be are more beautiful than the ones who shape themselves to others...
Lovely, thought provoking words.

Mike.
Michael said…
Oh i so love this. Very captivating adn a lovely image, to boot.

"shrouded in the Shoulds"

--love that.
Debbie said…
How beautiful. Love the painting too.
Kris McCracken said…
I'm never sure about my inner voice.

I'm not sure that I can trust him.
LarryG said…
oooo- very deep and moving
xxx said…
Hi Stacey I like the way you have expressed the concept of being conscious...
as opposed to operating on auto pilot.

I think that freedom and true love are one in the same.
Love/freedom begins with you.

Be kind to you
best wishes
Ribbon
Betty Manousos said…
The last paragraph is one of my major values in life.
hugs
Unknown said…
What is my truth? Well, one is simply that free women are radiant; free people are magnetic.

Popular Posts