ask me mondays II...

I think Ask Me Mondays is great to do once a month. So here I am, for the second round.

1.) “We all have those things we really want to tell, but won’t until someone asks, what is the one thing you have been dying for one of us to ask?” - Asked by Brian Miller. There isn’t really one thing. I enjoy sharing my life (obviously) so I’m fascinated by what people are interested in about it. It gives me perspective on myself and my blog.

2.) “Have you thought of or do you teach, talk on or write books on any of the spiritual happenings in your life?” – Asked by Steven Anthony
I haven’t yet but I’m sure this is in my future. My blog is paving the way. It is helping me define myself and by being asked questions I can hone what is helpful to people and what is not. My blog is an important stepping stone on my path.

3.) “Which famous person that you’ve met was the nicest to you? And which was the most obnoxious?” -Asked by Cairo Type
I’m going to assume you mean after they were famous. I recently met Laura Linney and she was wonderful, completely unaffected by her celebrity. I also love Leland Orser, one of Goom’s soccer coaches. He is a great coach and has really helped Goom get into the game without judgment. Terrence Howard was also amazing. He made me feel like I was the only woman in the world…big flirt. The most obnoxious was Denzel Washington (believe it or not) but he could have been having a bad night. I met him eleven years ago. His best friend was wonderful!

4.) “How about a story about Julian Sands?” – Asked by Nessa
Wonderful question. I’m going to write a post about Julian Sands tomorrow. The story is worthy of its own post.

5.) “Besides Brendan Fraser, how many other celebrities have you met?” –Asked by Otin.
To be honest, too many to count; I’ve been blessed with very successful friends. I am two degrees of separation away from anyone in this town. But celebrities are weary of people. They don’t like to be used and they don’t let you in until they are certain you are interested in them and not their celebrity. People think it would be great to be famous but it is not. It is a DRAG. When I’m with friends who are recognizable, they are stared at and approached without regard to their personal space.

6.) “If you could escape from any one feature of your life what would it be?” – Asked by Steven
I would escape from the relationship I’m forced to have with my baby-daddy. But he is there for a reason so obviously I have lessons to learn.

7.) “How old were you when you lost your virginity and what were the circumstances?” – Asked by Alix (a nice bold question)
Believe it or not I’m going to tie my answer in with my Julian Sands story.

8.) “How many lies do you speak per day?” – Asked by Shri Ramesh
I never lie. I don’t know how.

9.) “What was the reason behind you starting this blog?” – Asked by Protégé
I started this blog two years ago to work on my prose writing. Now I see it as a way to share my life and perhaps help others by doing so. (And yes, the picture was of me at six.)

10.) “Do you believe in reincarnation? How did you come to that conclusion?” – Asked by Menopausal New Mom
I definitely believe in reincarnation. It’s something I’ve always known to be true but it helps when you are told from the other side that what they miss most about being embodied is living through the senses. I also think my spirit loves being here in this body and that is why I am healthy, and eat good food, and drink good wine, and I love to kiss and make love. I am very physical because I know my time here is fleeting.

11.) “How long have you been working on your memoir?” Asked by Susan R. Mills
For two months…not very long.

12.) “What has been your biggest regret in life?” –Asked by The Watcher
I’m fortunate to say, I don’t have one. When I was very young I committed to living a life without regret. I’ve always followed my heart and done what I’ve wanted to do.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to link to all your wonderful blogs this time. It was either spend an hour linking or reading you blogs and I chose to read.

Comments

Maude Lynn said…
I love that you have no regrets!
Anonymous said…
That snake looks like it's made of candy.
No regrets. No more beautiful phrase in the English language!
Gaia said…
I like these sessions and getting to know you better. Unfortunately couldn't think of any question for you when asked. Lately mind is a little blank. hmm maybe has always been blank lol

Bless you Stacey.
Mike said…
Great answers! I mentioned that my step brother works behind the scenes in Hollywood.
Anonymous said…
thanx for giving us yet another glimpse into your very interesting life......what up with the snake? I am terribly affraid of them, and that one is ssssssssssssssoooo huge.
It's makes my heart happy to read that Laura Linney is nice in life. :)
steven said…
you are so very you - it's lovely to be able to visit and be inside a piece of your world. write the book - when it's time! steven
Hi Stacey, very enlightening! I feel I know you a little better. Thanks for sharing such personal info about yourself with us!
JenJen said…
Secretia's right...it DOES look like candy!
nollyposh said…
arrrrgggghhhhhh! a snake! i enjoyed the question/answers though X;-)
Tabitha Bird said…
i would love to get to a point in life where I live without regrets~ I am not sure how to live exactly as my heart wants to yet, because I am still getting to know my heart. But the more I know about me the more I chose to live like me. thanks for sharing about you.
Renee said…
These are awesome Stacey. Speaking of awesome Terence Howard = Hello....

I can't believe you are holding that snake. Yuck.

xoxoxo
Tracie said…
I love your attitude towards life! "Time here is fleeting" so you are very physical, never tell lies, live without regrets. You might be my new hero. Really.
Susan R. Mills said…
Like Mama Zen said, I love it that you have no regrets. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself.
What's the story on that snake?
#9 - more synchronicity!
I started my blog this year to work on my prose. I had no idea the world of friends I would meet!

much love!
:) I did guess, that must be the answer for my question.

All answers were great!
Michael said…
Oh darn it, I missed the chance to ask you a q or two but it looks liek you got that well covered by others anyway. Great q's. I love how you end this with living a life without regret. Wow. I sooo need to learn that!!

Well, here's wishing you some snow your way. if not then, you will have it at the blog tea for certain! :)

BTW, crazy lady with that snake? YIKES!!
Michael said…
I wanted to also say how great it was though seeing a pic of you. You look like star.
Shadow said…
aaaah, the spirit travels much farther than the body ever can...
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on having no regrets. It's not a scenario I can associate with and, to be honest, I am pretty happy about that.

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm missing......
MsTypo said…
Interesting that you aren't the first person I've heard say that Denzel isn't very nice.

What you said abotu personal space made me blush. When i was in Prague the group of people i was hanging around saw Rufus Sewell having dinner at the same restaurant as us. We totally interupted his dinner and asked for a photo op. He was there for the fisrt week of shooting Pillars of the Earth.
Zuzana said…
I very much enjoyed reading this, thank you for the answer to my question.
I am intrigued by the fact that you know so many celebrities.;)
I definitely love the last answer as I feel the same.
xo
Zuzana
Tracie said…
There is something for you on Stir Fry.

Smooches!
Wonderful, Stacey! Your response to life - follow your heart and do what you want to do with no regrets - is the philosophy for living. Keep on being the amazing you! Much love. xx
Boozy Tooth said…
OMG Stacey... I totally expected you to politely blow off my question. And what's this? You plan to tie it into a separate Julian Sands post? Oooh baby, this is gonna be goooood.

I can hardly wait until tomorrow.

Oh, and might I add, Britney and Madonna (and Nastassja... remember her?) have nothing on you in the boa constrictor department. Awesome photo, and you totally rocked it! Sssssssssseriousssssssly.
Brian Miller said…
great post. love these. interested to see tomorrows post now...hmm...

i think you should write that book on spirituality...

nice snake! omg!
Natalie said…
That snake scares me!

I love the bit about living without regrets. I try to do that too but sometimes I still regret things.
Tess Kincaid said…
Fabulous snake!!

Always fun to get to know you better, Stacey!
I didn't mean that I guessed it as the answer. I guessed that u don't speak any lies. :)
Nessa said…
lots of great questions and very interesting answers. i can't wait until tomorrow.


Tuesday's Tales in Two Hundred - Going In Circles
kj said…
Stacey girl, this is so fun to read.

Denzel huh....

I'm almost back from Santa fe--a long lonely day at the airport. Maybe I can read some old posts

much love back
kj
Roni Loren said…
Loved reading all your answers. Your followers certainly aren't scared to get all personal, lol.

I agree with you on the no regrets thing, I try to live by that as well. Every decision led me here, and here is pretty great.
I'm deathly afraid of snakes and still I dropped by, I must really like you! I'm with you, regrets are a complete waste of time.
Mary RC said…
i work with celebs often too. your right it is a Drag.

keep workin on that memior.

Popular Posts