tell me...

your story of "falling" in love...


















XO,

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was 13 and he was 16. We stared at each other all the time, we were next door neighbors. My parents said stay away from older boys, but I could not. I dreamed about him all the time, and we finally were alone together. I asked him to make to love to me, and he did. It never happened again for us. Just once. We moved on.
Nevine Sultan said…
My husband and I fell in love at first sight - it was the deer in the headlights thing for both of us. We met at a party, looked at one another, and that was that. Three weeks later he proposed and I said yes. Never thought I'd do that as I was anti-marriage. I'd "fallen" before, but this was my first "fall" that left all kinds of lovely scars... Hmm, Stacey - what an intriguing post! :-)

Nevine
Stacey, this is a big one for me. Too long to do in a comment but let's just say that he showed up when I needed someone to lean on. Definitely during the absolute worst time in my life, he couldn't have appeared at a better time!
Natalie said…
I met my husband in college. We liked each other and we started going on walks together on this great river trail by where we lived. He was the sweetest most sincere person I'd ever met (plus he was good-looking and funny). I realized I was in love with him when he went home for the summer and I was still at school. It hurt to be away from him--I cried a lot.

Then we got married. The best thing about it is I love him more every year we're together.

Wow, I'm a sap!
Clare said…
I was a 17 yr old british gal visiting american relatives. I was taken to a high school for the day and our eyes met across the classroom. He was 18. We kept a very long distance relationship going until We married when I was just 20. We celebrate 19 years next year and have a 3 year old. I still consider him my best friend
Anonymous said…
My first real love (not the teenage gooey-eyed sort) came on me gradually, even though I found the gentle attentions of this dear young man (he was 25, I was 20) very irritating. Fifty-two years later he is still just as special, just as caring; though we do have the occasional little 'row' !
Tracie said…
Hubs and I met at the right time for me. I was ready to stop fooling around with all the a-holes I'd been seeing. He was the first person I dated who I could have a conversation with about something other than the band that was playing or what brand of beer he was drinking.
My husband was my friend first. I highly recommend this approach. We've been together 29 years and more in love now than ever. We both credit this to our LIKE of each other. LIKE is as/if not more important than LOVE when it comes to longevity.
Zuzana said…
Ah, I wish I could be so brave and just tell it out so beautifully and be so candid as you are.;)
But it is so very private to me, this experience of how I fell in love with the Irishman, that handsome man in my life. All I can say is that it transcends anything and everything...
xo
Zuzana
Dulçe ♥ said…
I fall in love continuously and I always thought 'This will probably be the last time and definite...' But nope!
Now (44) I know myself much better and am sure will always be in love and fall in and out of it... In the hope something remains for long at least (if not at last)

Romanticism this is.
Am in love with love. That's it.
;)
Claus said…
When I first met him, I was 14. He was 17. He was my friend's friend. He taught me how to slow dance :-) He was kind and nice. He went off to college, and our story never continued. I don't know what became of him, but remember him dearly.
My first true love was Jay. We met when I was five and he was eight.

Not kidding.

I still get all goofy when he is around. He never married. Is pretty hot. And his mom said he should have married me.

I said she should have betrothed us. A handfast ceremony, or a dowry exchange, whatev. I would have been cool with anything. But then again, maybe he is not great in bed. ? !
Tabitha Bird said…
Better yet I will post on it. Later this week I'll post the story. Because it is a story that needs its own post :)
GYPSYWOMAN said…
uh, which time?
:)

loved the stories here - great to hear different experiences! neat post, lady!
Anonymous said…
O gosh, Ive loved so much(not in the trashy way, but in the deep way) but I will tell u of my first love......Her name was Diana, she and I bonded over our abusive parents...we were each others life force for a while...gosh such emotions are flooding me....anyway I wrote about her in a post called secrets on my blog......

then my first puppy dog kinda love was Misty...big brown eyes, she smelled of rose soap all the time, I would follow her home from school everyday, then one day she stopped, turned and said point blank...Do u want to kiss me.....I stuttered, and she took that as a yes(which it was) she walked up, kissed me, smiled, turned and walked the rest of the way home....I, just stood there with the biggest doppy grin on my face, a grin that stayed on my face all day;)
Susan R. Mills said…
The first time was when I was fifteen at church camp. I still remember the way felt as he and I sat on a bridge over a river with our feet hanging over the side. He told me he loved me and he kissed me so gently. I fell in love with my husband just like that (well, not at camp, and not on a bridge, but similar) all over again, but it wasn't quite as exciting because I wasn't fifteen, you know?
Mike said…
My first love didn't love me. That is a tough relationship!
kj said…
part one: i loved a woman and she loved me until she couldn't, and then it was very bad very fast.
We met Valentine's Day 1997. The same day my then fiance gave me my sweet little pug. My heart swelled like it never had before...

Four months later and a broken engagement, I've never looked back and still thank my lucky stars (now 13 years and counting) every night for leading me down the path of true love.
Maria said…
It's on my blog gaelikaa.blogspot.com. I'll send you the link when I find it. And by the way, it's all PR for the reproduction of the human race. Once you're in, it's what you make it. Cheers.
Shadow said…
i'm in love with being in love so this is do a lot, heee heee heeee
The day I met my husband is also one of my most embarrassing moment stories...
In college, springtime. Played Frizbee earlier and the disc broke in half. My girlfriend and I were carrying around our halves, she was the frizz, I was the bee. Then I saw this gorgeous guy, with friends of mine, walking toward us from the cafeteria. They stopped to chat and I asked who "that guy" was... Had heard his name many times. Introduced myself, called him the wrong name, explained why I was holding half of a Frizbee, gave him my whole schedule while on campus, realized I was making a babbling fool out of myself, then turned to walk away and walked into a wall...
For weeks, every time I turned around - he was there...

Married 29 years last August. 4 daughters, 7 moves, 5 grandsons...
MsTypo said…
We met online and became friends long before we thought of becoming anything more. The day he called me his best friend is still one of my most cherished memories. :)
All I can say is I too have loved some one very much.
Brian Miller said…
i saw her walk through the door on the arm of my friend, i turned to another and said i would marry her...3 years and 3 months later i did...we have been married 13 years and 6 months since...there is so much more, but...
Boozy Tooth said…
Oh, I will... I will... but like Julian Sands... it deserves its own post. I'll get right on it and hopefully have something for you on Saturday. Deal?
Unknown said…
I've had two great loves in my life... but didn't "end up" with either one of them. No regrets tho.
GYPSYWOMAN said…
hi stacey - just coming by to say hello and to read some more fabulous love stories! have a great day!
tadastl said…
I met my husband while we working at McDonald's as teenagers. I was a crew supervisor; he was a smart-ass employee I tried repeatedly to have fired. I never succeeded and eventually he grew on me. We'll have our 18th wedding anniversary in about 6 weeks!
These are all absolutely fantastic stories...I'm so glad I asked.

Thank you all for sharing so openly and honestly.

much love!
Nessa said…
My husband got me with a kiss on the hand and the line from The Princess Bride, "As you wish."

Thursday Thirteen - My Drive to Work

Popular Posts