my greatest fear...


Comments

steven said…
i know that the cage is of my own construction . . . so i know who's responsible for the design, maintenance, and most especially for keeping the door shut. . . . if it's shut!!!
during a ten year period of my life in which i worked in a factory i came to know about something i call 'freedom within a framework". it's the idea that we build boxes, cages, frames, constructs of all sorts - real and imagined - all the time. but they're dynamic - always changing. the real work is how to dance inside that space and especially how to let the terms of that dance dictate the shape of the frame. happy saturday stacey j. steven
Very interesting when you consider my fear is of flying. I may have to rethink that phobia when you put it this way.
Mike said…
Well, to take it for what it's worth, I would say that you are afraid of pet birds, as am I, unless you mean it symbolically like you are afraid of being caged in and not allowed to spread your wings and fly?
kj said…
stacey girl, me too.

much love back
kj
Roni Loren said…
You and me both, chica. I think that's why I write--no one can cage me in with that.
Brian Miller said…
you wake up and relise you are a bird stuck in a cage?
Zuzana said…
Yes, I know, at least partly, what it feels like not to be free...
I hope you will never have to face your greatest fear.
Have a lovely weekend,
xo
Zuzana
GYPSYWOMAN said…
your greatest fear?
being the beautiful thing that you are, living in a gorgeous condo totally maintained by someone else, and having room service every day? not to mention, your singing credentials! girl, nothing to fear there! but perhaps you're looking at that little condo as a "cage" where you are locked in with no chance of escape?

it's all about perspective - that's all! if you've not already, check out a few of my barb-wire posts over at words unspoken [should you be so inclined] :)
JoMo said…
Oh! I love your images, so evocative. Since you're aware of it, I say you won't be caged in again and neither will you cage in another.
Peace!
Jo
Is the bird caged in the cage?
Or its soul caged in its body?
Mr. Charleston said…
I don't know you Stacey, but I sense being a bird in a cage is something you needn't fear. Free spirits can fly whenever they want.
Sahildeki Ev said…
So keep flying Stacey as high as you want so nobody can catch you..
Shadow said…
tweetiebird or the cage?
Boozy Tooth said…
Likewise... except in my greatest fear, I'm on the bottom of the cage with my cold bony legs in the air.


The only thing worse than living in a gilded cage looking out through the bars, is dying there.

Am I right, or am I right?

XO
Unknown said…
I, too, need to be free.
Renee said…
That won't happen to you darling, you are too brave.

xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
Trapped, caged, unable to soar. I understand you.

Secretia
Kathleen said…
Yes....makes me think of of the last stanza Maya Angelou's poem, I know why the caged bird sings

"The caged bird sings with a fearful trill
of things unknown but longed for still
and his tune is heard on the distant hill
for the caged bird sings of freedom."

I'm inclined to agree with Steven's comment, that my cage is of my own making. Still, it is a cage.

Very intriguing, Stacey . . . I'll be pondering this one for a while!
MsTypo said…
Tweety-o-phobia. *eek* My shrink, Doctor Sylvester, would be happy to take care of that for you. :p
Anonymous said…
Quickly you have answered...
Anonymous said…
Between us speaking, I so did not do.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at staceyjwarner.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Jules
Anonymous said…
Greetings,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at staceyjwarner.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Jack
Anonymous said…
Have you considered the fact that this might work another way? I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
like this in the past? Let me know your thoughts...

Popular Posts