i'm back...

What a wonderful experience to unplug, relax, and spend time with loved ones. On Saturday I only opened my computer to play music. The weekend was full of festivities, chili night, Thanksgiving dinner, tree decorating, and a movie. Oh and lots of sleep. Last night Goom sat at the foot of the tree and stared into it with awe and excited. There is no better gift than seeing your child's face light up with wonder.

Over the weekend, I came across this amazing little story in Autobiography of a Yogi that I had to share with you.

“After weeks without food, he would break his fast with potfuls of clabbered milk offered to him by devotees. A skeptic once determined to expose Trailanga as a charlatan. A large bucket of calcium-lime mixture, used in whitewashing walls, was placed before the swami.

‘Master,” the materialist said, in mock reverence. ‘I have brought you some clabbered milk. Please drink it.’

Trailanga unhesitatingly drank, to the last drip, the quarts of burning lime. In a few minutes the evildoer fell to the ground in agony.

‘Help, Swami, help!’ he cried. ‘I am on fire! Forgive my wicked test!’

The great yogi broke his habitual silence. ‘Scoffer,’ he said, ‘you did not realize when you offered me poison that my life is one with your own. Except for my knowledge that God is present in my stomach, as in every atom of creation, the lime would have killed me. Now that you know the divine meaning of boomerang, never again play tricks on anyone.’

The sinner, healed by Trailanga’s words, slunk feebly away.

The reversal of pain was not a result of the master’s will but of the operation of the law of justice that upholds creation’s farthest swinging orb. The functioning of the divine law is instantaneous for men of the God-realization like Trailanga; they have banished forever all thwarting crosscurrents of ego.”

I hope your past week was blessed with love and joy. It is truly the beginning of a magical season.

Comments

Welcome Back! yes, to watch the eyes of children light up when you turn on the lights of your Christmas tree. Ours will be going up mid December, can't wait to see my 3 1/2 year old when she spots it for the first time!
Brian Miller said…
welcome back! glad to hear you had a great break! so cool to have kids at christmas...i think they catch even more of the magic than we do...and great snippet there...
Renee said…
Cheers to magic of all kinds sweet friend.

Love Renee xoxo
GYPSYWOMAN said…
hmmmm...the wonder of children - you're right, nothing better than witnessing their little faces light up! beautiful post!
Unknown said…
The light in children's eyes is priceless, always.
My grands were here last week and they helped Nana decorate for Christmas; their eyes were lit up for 6 days straight!
Stacey, so glad that you had a wonderful time. I can only imagine the look on Goom's face as he stared into the tree. I'm a big girl, and I STILL do the same thing. :) hee

Happy Monday.
Boozy Tooth said…
Hooray! You're back!

Lovely lesson Stacey. You never fail to amaze me. So happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and surrounding days with Goom and your family. Someday I want you to adopt me. K?
JenJen said…
Stacey
Thanks for sharing this story; I bookmarked the page so I can come back and read it again.
Susan R. Mills said…
I'm glad we're both back. Thanks for sharing the story. I love it.
Terrific story! I love the description of your son gazing at the Christmas tree.
Anonymous said…
sounds like you had a wonderful time off...I too have been away, not for as pleasent reasons as yours, but Im back now;) btw: if you emailed me, I might have lost it, I just flushed all my emails when I got my new computer today, I had like three weeks worth waiting for me and could not bring myself to go through all of them, so I apologize if yours was lost in the cleaning;)
peace
Dulçe ♥ said…
Oh Christmas time... how lovely invitation to enjoy this month
thank you!!
Zuzana said…
Glad you had such a wonderful time, sometimes it is indeed refreshing spending time away from the computer.;)
Loved the story you shared; so much wisdom in a few lines.;)
xo
Zuzana
Deb said…
Welcome back and what a wonderful story. Glad you enjoyed the holidays! Your enthusiasm is uplifting and contagious :)
kj said…
welcome back, stacey girl! it sounds like you and goom stepped into the holiday season just perfectly.

and the moral of the story, of course: what comes around goes around. but this one has a teachable twist. yes, we are all one. how come i keep forgetting that?

xoxo
kj
Roni Loren said…
Glad you had such a lovely holiday. Good to have you back. :)
Tracie said…
Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your break and resisted the tempting lure of the internet. My kids are enjoying the tree as well. I'm trying to catch their enthusiasm.
Jeanne Estridge said…
Welcome back -- you sound refreshed and ready to take on the world again -- just exactly what a holiday weekend should do!
Captain Dumbass said…
I think my wife would like the reversal of pain idea. No, she'd like the reality of it.
Mike said…
It's funny, I'd rather turn my computer on and keep my family out! LOL!
Yay, you're refreshed, and back.
Tabitha Bird said…
Yes, I love the magical season and I love your post. Lots of truth in there.
Anonymous said…
That is a wonderful story. Boomerang justice. I believe it is true. I will go about my day now treading gently. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
Alwya good to take a break from the routine, Stacey.

Yes, the season of magic has begun.

Secretia
xxx said…
Hi Stacey...
lovely to see you again :)

I love this festive season too.

I like the story very much... a gentle reminder

love to you
Ribbon x
Welcome back Stacey. That was a fantastic story. Thanks for sharing!
Shadow said…
don't forget about the pups, staring at those dangling baubles, swaying in the breeze when the window is open, waiting for you to turn you back so that they can kill these strange intruders....
Betty Manousos said…
You needed that Stacey. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.
Xmas! and the magic begins.
lots of love
hugs

Popular Posts